FA Mitchell supplies an extensive range of structural plywood to its clients in Sydney and across Australia.
Our plywood is 100% sourced from local plantations. These are guaranteed renewable and certified with a zero formaldehyde emission rating.
What is Structural Plywood?
Structural plywood is a durable and stable variety of plywood that is extremely versatile.
While structural plywood is most suited for interior cladding applications, under certain conditions you can use it externally without any fuss.
A wide range of softwood and hardwood species of wood are the sources of our structural plywood.
We also treat our structural plywood with preservatives, to ensure durability in exterior weather conditions. We can also supply at volume, custom cut to the size(s) you require.
General Features of structural plywood
This engineered wood product contains Type A phenolic adhesive. This makes it an ideal choice for load-bearing applications.
- Tested for Type A Bond and Stress
- Perfect choice for under roof or flooring applications
- Provides a great alternative to particleboard for wet areas
- Brilliant alternative for trailer and truck decks
- Used for bracing of timber frames
- Available in sheet sizes 2400×1200 and 2700×1200
- Available in thicknesses ranging from 4mm to 32mm
- With impregnated overlays to cater to concrete formply
- Structural plywood can be painted
- It can keep heat in or out as needed
- It is lightweight and does not present difficulties in handling.
- No special tools needed for its installation
- Resist to heavy blows
- Treatable with preservative for decay prevention
- Offers a high degree of sound and thermal insulation
CD grade plywood serves the purpose of hoardings and flooring where appearance is not a big issue. On the other hand, BB and CC are smarter choices for paint finishes, as these also offer structural strength.
Your Structural Plywood Supplier
With many of the overseas distributors, you can hardly be sure about the source of the ply.
First, manufacturers may have made them hastily in Bali or Indonesia. Next, they can purposely deliver the finished products to Australia through Singapore. Moreover, most overseas suppliers do not offer any zero formaldehyde emission rating. Thus, the absence of this crucial quality parameter means the quality of the plywood you’ll be getting questionable.
At FA Mitchell, we stick to stringent levels of quality. Sourced from accredited plantation forests in Australia, the structural plywood we offer is consistently of very high quality. We have our products audited by the Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia (EWPAA), without exception. We value high-quality plywood made from native Australian wood.
We supply structural plywood throughout Australia from our Sydney warehouse and wood cutting facility. Use the details below to get in touch with the plywood experts at FA Mitchell. We’ll ensure that you get the right product at the right price.
Get a Quote
For personalised advice and a quote for your project, please call (02) 9646 2777 or fill out the form below, and we will respond to you as soon as possible.